Company: Greenlight group.
Salary: £22,000 £24,000
Location: Manchester / Alderley.
This is an opportunity to join a small business in Manchester/Alderley as the company bookkeeper. We are 3 companies under a single management team. You will be handling the bookkeeping functions for all 3 companies with an overall turnover of approx. £1m annually.
We are looking for a highly experienced, commercially minded individual specifically with significant experience of running singlehandedly the accounts functions for an SME. You will be responsible for the day to day operations of the finance function. We have a 3rd party partner engaged for overall Accounting (Year-end submissions, Policy and Strategy reviews etc). We require you to be a strong practitioner in the delivery of the services for bookkeeping, VAT return preparation and management accounting for a small SME.
For this hands-on and varied role, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- the day to day bookkeeping and maintenance of accounting records
- Balancing control accounts/account reconciliations/investigating variances
- Processing monthly journals such as prepayments, and month-end procedures and reports
- Processing VAT returns.
- Processing HMRC payments.
- Posting sales and purchase invoices, expense claims and credit notes
- Issuing invoices.
- Handling the month-end billing process.
- Regular and timely production of reports for management; P&L, Balance Sheet, Debtors & Creditors etc.
- Presenting financial reports at the regular scheduled finance reviews (weekly/monthly)
- Handling the internal expenses system.
- Monitoring the debtors and creditors list, chasing unpaid accounts, managing supplier payments, reporting on dues and overdues etc.
- Maintaining an orderly accounting filing system
- Support the cash flow processes along with budgeting and forecasting.
- Responding to supplier and client queries.
- Planning and completing a diverse range of assignments such as providing ad-hoc financial analysis as required, leading financial projects to improve accounting processes for the business while managing financial administration.
- General financial administrative assistance as part of the internal support team
- Ideally be AAT qualified, although candidates who are qualified by experience will also be considered
- Have at least 5 years experience, particularly across the areas noted in responsibilities.
- Be confident in your own abilities as you will be the sole representative of the finance function.
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- A professional manner & communication skills
- Be articulate with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in Excel
- Needs to be comfortable working in a small business environment/culture
- Be confident and experienced working with Xero.
- Have an analytical and detailed working approach, organised and methodical able to prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, which are essential as a key part of this role will involve dealing with clients accounts teams.
We are a team of currently 17 people. As a small team in a dynamic business sector (IT) we have to be fleet of foot. Our requirements change as the business environment changes. We will need you to be able to handle the flexibility needed to cope in this market.
We do require someone for 5 days per week however we can be flexible about the hours you will work.
Closing date is 13th October
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00 /year